Monday, July 21, 2008

Raingutter Rigatta

As some of you know, I'm the Bear Den leader for the Cub Scouts in our ward. Once a month, we have pack meeting with all of the boys in our pack. This month, we had a Rain gutter Regatta. The boys made little wooden boats with sails made out of paper plates. Then, the boys took turns putting their boats in rain gutters filled with water, and they had a race to see who could blow their boat to the end first. It was a lot of fun. Before the Regatta, we had a fun activity that my den was in charge of. It's called a Frozen Wet T-Shirt Contest. The night before, my scouting partner and I took some of our husband's old T-shirts, and got them wet. Then, we wrung them out, folded them, and put them in the freezer over night. The next day at Pack meeting, the boys had a contest to see who could unfold their shirts and put them on first. Since we had a ton of shirts, some of the sisters were able to participate as well. Kaino Pula, a boy in our Bear Den, was first. Spencer Whitaker couldn't put his shirt on because he broke his arm, and he couldn't get his cast wet, so Leilani helped him unfold his shirt, and we got a picture of him holding it open. Here are a couple of slide shows from our Pack Meeting. The first is the Frozen T-Shirt contest, and the second is the Rain gutter Regatta.



2 comments:

Marc and Shay said...

Wow, what a surprise to me, seeing those pictures at the church makes me home sick for you all in the Orem ward. Miss you guys tons!!! I love the ideas, I'll have to remember them if I'm ever in scouts!!

Christy said...

What a fun idea! I think I am going to do that with my young women. What a BLAST! You are so smart!

PS
How's the laundry going? I blew it last week but am back on track this week!