Saturday, July 26, 2008

Day Camp

For Day Camp this year, my scouting partner and I took the boys up to Jeremiah Johnson Scout Day Camp. We went with another den, and it was a lot of fun. The boys got to shoot BB Guns, learn about archery, ride in a little raft-like boat, make swords, and learn about maps and compasses. They earned several different belt loops and helped finish some achievements that go towards their Bear rank. I wasn't sure if I was going to have a good time or not, but it was so much fun watching the boys. They are a good group of kids, and they work well together. I can't wait to go back next year.

1 comments:

Christy said...

Looks like fun! You are a great scout leader. The church needs more like you! I know how you feel about not wanting to go but then feeling good when you do. I get that a lot with Young Women's. Keep up the good work.