Monday, July 14, 2008

Laundry Day

I hate laundry! Hate it, hate it, hate it! I don't mind throwing stuff in, it's putting it away! It just bugs the *#@! out of me. So I was reading my best friends blog (My Chris), and she put up this post about how her mother used to do all her laundry on one day. She had 6 kids, plus her and her husband. That's laundry for 8 people done only once a week. Chris told me that Monday was laundry day, and if she didn't get her clothes in the laundry hamper, it wasn't done until the next week. So I called my Chris to ask her what her mom's secret was. I thought, I only have 3 kids, I can do this! Wouldn't it be nice to get it all done on one day, and not have to worry about it for the rest of the week? So I tried it. Guess what? I got all the clothes washed, and even all the towels! I'm so proud of myself. It's so nice knowing that my kids, Kyle and I all have clean clothes for the rest of the week, and I don't have to even worry about it again until next Monday. Maybe laundry isn't so bad after all? No. It still is.

3 comments:

Christy said...

CONGRATS!!! I am so excited that it worked for you. I love it!! good job!

Diana said...

I have same problem. I hate putting that crap away. I have done the once a week thing. It works OK. But it is an all day thing.

Marc and Shay said...

Ivy! I'm glad that you found my blog...it's good to read about your family. I'll have to add your link to my page. I love the laundry in 1 day thing...i usually do it when there's a good show on in the evening or put in a movie, and fold everything while the kids are asleep - otherwise they like to "help"