
Yesterday was our ward's Primary program. It was so wonderful. Each child had a part, and some of them sang. It wasn't required, but they encouraged the kids to memorize their parts. Of course, our kids had to have theirs memorized. Haley was the first to get hers, and she was really proud of herself. She had it memorized after the first practice. Leilani had hers memorized the next week. She was also proud of herself. Then there was James. James read his part to me about 3 times. That was all it took. After that, he had it memorized! Can you believe it? That kid is so awesome!
The Primary theme this was "I Am A Child of God". I can't express how grateful I am that my children have been taught this from the time they were babies. I am a child of God, and He has sent me here. Has given me an earthly home, with parents kind and dear. What better message can we give our kids, especially in these times. I am so grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I love watching my kids grow spiritually. Is was so touching watching all of the children give their "talks". Especially 2 wonderful children, who can't really speak for themselves. Chetna, a little girl in our ward, was adopted from India from 2 of the most loving, patient, and Christ-like people I have ever met. They have 4 kids, 2 of them adopted, and you can just feel the love they have for their children. Chetna is in a wheel chair, and has cerebral palsy. She can't speak, so her father speaks for her. He carried her to the pulpit when it was her turn, and gave her line for her. It was so wonderful. That little girl has such a wonderful spirit about her. Then there was Jacob. He is our neighbor's son, and he has Down Syndrome. His parents are so great with him. Kyle has been one of the teachers in his class for the past 3 (I think) years. Jacob really responds to Kyle. It's amazing. You can't understand all of what Jacob says, so Kyle memorized Jacob's part for him. He walked Jacob up to the pulpit, stood next to him, and whispered Jacob's lines in to his ear. The spirit was so strong watching these 2 special children participate in the program. It would have been very easy to just ignore them, and not give them a part, but our primary presidency doesn't work that way, and for that I am truly grateful.
My parents come every year to our program, and that makes it even more special for our kids. They love being able to share the things they've learned with their grandparents. It was so nice sitting there with them, and watching them smile at my kids. I am so grateful for the primary program, and for the testimonies that my children are developing. I can't wait for next year's program.
0 comments:
Post a Comment