Lani turned 10 on September 18th, and she had such a good birthday. We have a tradition at our house that the birthday person gets to pick out all the meals for the day. For breakfast we had pancakes with ice cream. For lunch, I met her at school with some food from McDonald's, and ate with her and a couple of her friends. For dinner we went out with Grandma Cookie and Papa to Brick Oven Pizza. She had a Hawaiian pizza and a lollipop sundae. A man walked around making animal balloons for kids, so Leilani and Haley each got butterflies, and James had a sword. During dessert, the waiter came over and asked her to stand in her chair. Then they sang Happy Birthday to her. She had a huge smile on her face. She got a ton of gifts from her grandparents. Friday night was her late night party. It was from 6-10, and she had so much fun! We played games, had pizza for dinner, and cookies and ice cream for dessert. Then we watched Nightmare Before Christmas. After the movie was over, there was still time left over, so the kids broke up into 2 different groups. Some of them played Apples to Apples, and some of them played night games. By 10 o'clock I was exhausted and ready for the parents to pick up their kids. Watching the joy on Leilani's face made it all worth it. Happy Birthday Baby!!
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Happy Birthday Leilani
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks forletting my kid come crash your parthy Leilani!!! Hope you had a great one.
Ivy, I hope I can be as cute a mother as you are! I can just imagine you sitting there with your daughter and all her friends in an elementary cafeteria just having a PARTY! Trust me, I'm taking notes - you'll be my mentor if/when I ever have babies of my own.
Post a Comment