Saturday, September 13, 2008

Egg Drop

Every year, Leilani's school has an Egg Drop for grades 4-6. Leilani's teacher told them that if they participated, they would get 100% for a Science assignment. So naturally, the whole class wanted to participate. The night before, Kyle helped her figure out a way to protect her egg. They got an old cardboard box, and filled it with popped pop-corn. Then, they nestled the egg in the middle, and put tape and twine around the box. Leilani was so proud of it.

At the start of the egg drop, the principal went to the roof of the school. The kids would put their eggs in an old trash can, and he would pull it up on a rope. Then, he would toss them off the roof.
After he dropped them, the kids would rush forward, pick up their egg box/container, and take it to a table where mom's/teachers would open them up, and see if the kids egg's were whole, or broken.
And the results were.....
A Whole Egg! Leilani was so happy!
Just for entering the egg drop, the kids would get a ring-pop. But if their egg survived, they got a package of Skittles. Leilani had so much fun doing this. I'm pretty sure she'll do it again next year.

2 comments:

Kerilee Law said...

I did that same exact activity at my elementary school. I don't remember what method I used for my egg but, sadly, it didn't work. Go job!

Christy said...

What a great idea and how fun. Way to go Leilani!!! I think I am going to suggest it at my kids school!