So it's been a looooong while, but I thought I'd go through my pictures, and catch everyone up. Haley Jo turned 7 on May 1. I can't believe my baby is 7. She's so much fun. I love the conversations we have. When she was born, we were so excited for this new little addition to our family. We had about 4 or 5 names picked out, but when I saw her, I knew she was a Haley. She weighed 6lb 14oz, and was our "whitest" child. She was so white, she was pink and mottled. After having Leilani, it was kind of a shock. She didn't tan until she was around 5, and even now, I have to make sure I put tons of sunscreen on her. She didn't have as much hair as Leilani did when she was born, but as it grew it, it was very curly. She looked like Shirley Temple. So cute! But, as cute as she was, she wasn't always easy. When she was first born, Kyle use to hold her and rock her to sleep every night. Then, when was about 6 months old, she decided she didn't want him anymore. She only wanted me. One night, I went to the temple with my parents, and Kyle stayed home with the kids.
Afterwards, we went out for dinner. When my parents dropped me off at home, Haley was crying in her bassinet, and Kyle looked at me and said, "Where have you been?!" She had cried, and cried, and cried, and he finally had to put her down and walk away. As soon as I picked her up and held her, she stopped, the little twerp. This kind of thing happened a lot when she was little. My brother-in-law started calling her Haley Wailey. But, while she cried for everyone else, she was great for me! She loved to snuggle with me, and just be with mommy. I could take her anywhere. She was great. Finally, she started warming up to people, and now she loves her family. In fact, last month, I asked her, "Haley, who's your favorite person?" She looked at me and said, "Well, you're my favorite person, when Grandma Cookie isn't here, but she is when she's here." My mom was in the other room, and she started laughing! She loved it. Finally, Grandma Cookie is her favorite. 
Haley loves her family a lot. She loves spending time with her brother and sister, and playing with her cousins. She enjoys singing and dancing and watching princess movies. She's going into the 2nd grade this fall, and will be starting the Spanish Immersion program, just like Leilani. She's excited and scared all at the same time. She is such a joy in our lives, and we are so grateful for this special girl. We love you Haley Jo.

Haley loves her family a lot. She loves spending time with her brother and sister, and playing with her cousins. She enjoys singing and dancing and watching princess movies. She's going into the 2nd grade this fall, and will be starting the Spanish Immersion program, just like Leilani. She's excited and scared all at the same time. She is such a joy in our lives, and we are so grateful for this special girl. We love you Haley Jo.
1 comments:
Your little "white girl" is adorable. I can't believe how big she is getting. She is looking so grown up. When does that happen!?! I hope she had a great day!
Post a Comment