Many of you know that our family has been growing our hair out to donate to Locks of Love. Locks of Love is a great organization that takes donated hair and makes it into wigs for kids who have no hair. Leilani has donated before, but the rest of us haven't. So everyone except for James grew our hair out, and we all agreed to donate it this year. We were going to wait until May, but Kyle was worried about having to do Haley's hair while I was in Puerto Rico. So, last Friday, we went to Fantastic Sams and had them cut our hair. If you donate hair there, they cut your hair for free! (they do charge you if you have it styled, though) Kyle's sister also donated her hair. It was so much fun. Between the 5 of us, they collected over 50 inches of hair! Here are some before and after pictures. Here is Haley:
Here's Ivy:
And here's James, waiting patiently while we got our haircuts:
Unfortunately, I was getting my haircut while Shauri was waiting, so I didn't get a good shot of her. She ended up donating about 15 inches! It was a wonderful experience, and I'm really glad that we were able to do it as a family. I'm also glad that Kyle's hair is gone. He just looks better to me when he's bald. I guess that's a good thing, right?
2 comments:
How cool for you to be able to do that as a family. You look great.
You all look great too!
Post a Comment