Friday, February 6, 2009

When will it be over?

I hate being sick. It just sucks! Last weekend the kids spent Friday night at my parents house which was just nice for everyone. When I called on Saturday morning, my mom mentioned Lani wasn't feeling well. I had some nasal decongestant for kids, so I brought it with me to my parents house. My mom wasn't feeling well either, but I really didn't think much of it. There wasn't any school on Monday, so I didn't keep Lani home. Wednesday I started having head cold symptoms, and I thought, "Great. I've got Lani's head cold." Not fun, but I can still go to work. I worked from 5 to close, and I was scheduled to work Thursday 930 to 230. Before I left for work Wednesday, kyle gave me a bunch of vitamins he had bought in El Paso the last time he went to Texas. he said that when he was there, he started feeling like he was getting a cold, so he took these vitamins and he felt better. what the heck, it couldn't hurt, right? so i took the vitamins, hoping i would feel better the next day. yeah, that didn't work. i woke up Thursday morning, cold and shivering. i couldn't get warm, and i was nauseous. i got the kids ready for school and kyle left for work. i tried and tried, but i just couldn't get moving. it was bad enough that the girls made their own lunches. i called my manager a.j. and told her i couldn't come in, because i thought i might have the flu. at that point, not only did i have the chills, but i also had body aches, and i was pretty sure i had a fever. i couldn't find the thermometer so i wasn't sure. i was able to get a hold of another associate who was willing to take my place, but i still felt really bad. i hate calling in to work at the last minute like that. i just felt like i let someone down. well, after the kids left for school, i called my doctor and made an appointment. i took some Tylenol and fell asleep for about 30 minutes, and left for the doctor. the wait was really painful because i had these terrible body aches, and there weren't any comfortable chairs to sit in. after the nurse finally called me back, she took my blood pressure (it was perfect) and my temperature. it was 101.9! i knew i had a fever! the doctor took a swab of my throat, and thankfully it was negative for strep, but i did have a really bad virus. the good news is that i should feel better by Monday, the bad news is that today's not Monday. i felt a little better today, no body aches, but I'm still congested, and fighting a headache, and i just want it to be over! oh well. that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right?

1 comments:

Christy said...

I am so sorry. Poor baby! (and I am not trying to be sarcastic, I really feel bad for you!) I hope you feel better soon and that Monday comes fast!