For the first time, I have 3 kids at 3 different schools. I can't believe I have a 10th grader, a 9th grader, and a 5th grader. And did I mention they're all at different schools? High School, Junior High and Elementary. This won't be the last time that happens. When James graduates and goes to ATEC, I will once again have 3 kids at 3 different schools. Thankfully next year will only be 2 schools, both in walking distance from our house. Since the High School is right accross the street, we didn't have to worry about transportation for our boy. For the first time in over 10 years, I didn't have to meet a new driver, and hope that my boy doesn't end up on the news like so many other special needs kids have. However, that leaves the fear of our boy wandering away, or not paying attention to cars, and being led astray by other kids. So, after talking with our neighbor who's son is in the same Life Skills class, we decided to ask a young man at our church to walk to boys to school and home every day. He's such a good kid! Not only does he walk our boys to school every day, he also works with them at a special needs youth group our church does. He's got such a good heart, and we have grown to love this boy!

Leilani is now in 9th grade. Which is very weird for me, because I remember 9th grade. This year her cousin started Junior High, and Leilani didn't want her to be alone on her bus or to get bullied by anyone, so we made arrangements with Kyle's sister to drop her off at our house every morning, and Leilani would have her cousin walk with her to the bus stop every day. So far, so good.
Haley Jo started 5th grade this year. I hated 5th grade. We had just moved back to Hawaii and I didn't have any friends, so that was not a fun year for me. Thankfully, Haley is having the opposite experience. She's lucky that her 2 bff's live on our block. They love hanging out with each other, and this year they are all in the school play together.

So far school has had it's ups and downs. But thankfully my kids all go to really good schools with wonderful teachers.
0 comments:
Post a Comment