Every year my mother-in-law gets us Hallmark ornaments for Christmas. It's so wonderful. These are ornaments that my children can take with them when they grow up, and put on their own trees. It's a very special tradition in our family, and one that I'm very grateful for. The kids love putting their own special ornaments on the tree. This year, I put lights on the tree in the afternoon. (It took an hour! Why can't live tree's just come with lights on them already? j/k) After dinner, we spent time as a family decorating the tree together. James lasted about 20 minutes. He put his ornaments on (he even put on one of his
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Decorating our tree
Every year my mother-in-law gets us Hallmark ornaments for Christmas. It's so wonderful. These are ornaments that my children can take with them when they grow up, and put on their own trees. It's a very special tradition in our family, and one that I'm very grateful for. The kids love putting their own special ornaments on the tree. This year, I put lights on the tree in the afternoon. (It took an hour! Why can't live tree's just come with lights on them already? j/k) After dinner, we spent time as a family decorating the tree together. James lasted about 20 minutes. He put his ornaments on (he even put on one of his
Posted by Ivy at 10:21 AM
Labels: Christmas, fun memories, holidays, kids
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I love the pictures and the memories. Ben and I get ornaments for our kids every year also and it is such a neat tradition. I love that they will have some to take with them when they leave, although they are never leaving, right!?!
I am so retarded because we did our tree the other day and I didn't take any pictures. How lame am I. I am going to have to make some fake ones I think so I can put them on my blog.
I love that you said your kids caress the ornaments before they put them on. My kids do too. It is such a neat thing to see.
I love you and miss you!
Post a Comment