So this Monday, my kids started school. I don't know who's more excited, me or them. Okay, I do know. It's me. This is the first time all my kids are in school all day. It's so wonderful, for me. James is in the 6th grade now (I can't believe he's that old!), and Leilani is in 5th. James is really excited to be back in his class with Mr. Rowe and all of his friends. The nice thing about him being in a Special Ed Unit is that he can be in the same class every year with the same teacher which is great for kids with Autism. They like the structure and having everything the same. The classroom is decorated the same every year so the only surprise is who they sit by. Mr. Rowe is such a phenomenal teacher and his Para-Educators (Mrs. Litchfield and Ms. Pomeroy) are just wonderful with these special children.
Leilani is excited to be in the 5th grade with a new teacher, Senora Muntzing. This is her 4th year in Spanish Immersion, and she's doing great. The nice thing about this program is that she has the same friends in her class every year. Plus, she now speaks more Spanish than I do.
One of the blessings of having James and Leilani go to the same school is that they are bused. All special Ed kids can be bussed, and since she's a sibling she gets to ride along with him. It's so nice! The bus picks them up right outside our back door, and drops them off there every day. I love it!
Haley is in the First Grade this year! My baby is now in school full-time. It's so weird. Haley goes to a different school from her brother and sister. It was a hard decision, but one that was right for our family. She is doing well there with all of her friends from the neighborhood and from church. And she really likes her teachers. We feel that we definitely made the right decision putting her in our neighborhood school.
Kyle had Monday off, and it was so nice to spend the day with him. To celebrate the kids going back to school, we went and had a couples massage. It was so great. I walked out of there feeling so relaxed. It was Kyle's first time getting a massage, and he really enjoyed it. I can't wait to get another one in December.
Having the kids in school all day is a little weird, too. Today, I went walking with my 2 friends Anne and Misty, and I was worried for a second that I had to rush back home. But then I realized, I don't. All my kids are in school all day! It was so nice. This truly is "the most wonderful time of the year!"
2 comments:
Kyle got a massage too? Wow! Richard has never had one either. I love them! I could use one right now. oh hum.
Some day I will be there and then maybe I to can be cool and go for walks with my friends and have no worries.
Post a Comment